Monday, 10 December 2012
Work At Home Jobs Raleigh Nc
She argued that there are the "popular" people and the not-so-popular folks who are not allowed to sit at the metaphorical "best" table in the school cafeteria with all the cool people. People form cliques, just as in our real daily lives, her thesis was that here in cyberspace. A fellow blogger posted a rather provocative piece about cliques in the blogging community.
I had never really noticed any of this going on in the blogosphere until I read her post.
I was the last one picked for the team on more than one occasion. I didn't have a boyfriend and never went to a prom. Naive kid with good grades who hung out in the music building and "Press" room with the rest of the newspaper and yearbook staff, i was a chubby. I was decidedly un-cool, in high school. Ever been one of the "popular" or "cool" people, i have never, nope. You can undoubtedly guess why. I confess to being very slow on the up-take when it comes to these kinds of social groupings.
To make sure that he/she knows they are welcome to join us, rather, but, " not for the purpose of avoiding so-and-so. "Did you tell so-and-so where we are going for lunch, so I am usually the one asking questions like? My philosophy is "the more the merrier" because I never want anyone to feel left out or unwanted. I have never lost the "y'all come" mentality that I developed in those days. So our place was the logical gathering spot for social events, my roommates and I landed the apartment on the first floor at the foot of the stairs, when I went away to college.
Popular friends and roll their eyes in disgust, will look over at their equally cool, when they find out they are stuck with you, knowing that the athletically-inclined team captains are not going to call your name willingly and, nobody should have to re-live the experience of standing on the playground in your ugly gymsuit. I just call it being a decent human being. Though, " I don't really see anything "radical" about it. Some folks call it "radical inclusiveness. In part as an extension of my belief in that kind of inclusiveness, it's also not shocking that I became a civil rights attorney.
Please do the same for me. Express your opinion and I'll respect it. And I'll do the same, leave a comment and let me know you were here. And we'll all have a great time together, i'll visit yours, naive kid in many ways because my blogging attitude has always been pretty straight-forward: Come visit my blog, i guess that I'm still that chubby.
But I have never viewed them as anything more than that, i participate in memes solely because they are a fun way to get acquainted with other bloggers, yes.
I have certainly never envisioned blogging as any form of popularity contest.
Complete with power brokers at one end of the spectrum and those who feel marginalized and left out at the other end, but that blogger's post got me thinking about the concept of blog-land as its own microcosmic society.
Because the evidence is inconclusive, though, the jury is still out, for me. Her observations may be accurate, to some extent, i reluctantly find myself admitting that.
Titles like "Links to My Friends' Blogs" or "My Blogging Friends" are very common. There seem to be jokes comprehended only by the members of some cyber-"in" group who visit. I have noticed comments posted that I don't understand because they appear to be directed only to some sort of "insiders" who know the blog or blogger's history, since my attention has been drawn to the alleged phenomenon.
Does it mean that they will not blogroll those folks who are outside their "inner circle" of friends? Refrain from posting a comment there, if they do visit, does it mean that they will refuse to visit the blogs owned by anyone outside their circle of friends or? Do those things necessarily mean that the bloggers in question are stand-offish or turn a cold shoulder to "outsiders" who visit their blogs, still?
If we consider the actual meaning of the word: technically yes, Does that mean that those folks are part of a clique? Or do such gestures simply indicate that the bloggers in question have found a little blogging community in which they feel comfortable and have gotten to know other bloggers on a very personal level?
Set coterie; exclusive group of people; a small, 1.
-verb (used without object)
A clique, or associate in, to form. Informal. 2.
Usually used in a pejorative sense and that was certainly the message of the blog post in question, of course, the word is.
I'm not going to immerse myself in a group of bloggers whose religious beliefs or convictions I do not share. I am not going to join a community devoted to "Blogging for Choice" when I am an advocate for the sanctity of all human life, obviously. Much less discuss it), so don't want to think about, politics (can't stand politics, homeschooling (don't believe in it), examples for me include blogs devoted to discussions about pregnancy and/or mothering very young children (my youngest is a 15-year-old high school freshman). I have nothing in common with the blogger. Why? I click on a link and find myself visiting a blog in which I have absolutely no interest, from time to time. The most important being commonality, i think we have to consider a number of factors, before jumping to conclusions about people or their intentions.
I'm not going to waste my valuable time reading posts that contain language or comments that I find offensive or hate-filled, additionally. I'm not going to invest a lot of time reading what the author has to say, or the improper use of language, grammar or punctuation errors, if I see a lot of misspellings, candidly. Another factor is the tone and tenor of the blogger's writing.
I also avoid blogs written in teeny tiny font that my browser cannot enlarge and I will not strain what remains of my eyesight (post-retinal detachments) trying to leave a comment in a window that boasts only pale pink or yellow text. I will also move on to another site if the blog's layout is such that it is difficult for me to navigate.
I don't believe so. Do any of those factors make me anti-blog-social?
" [insert all the other things you enjoy doing]? . . What do I want to accomplish by engaging in this activity instead of . "Why do I blog, as we sit down in front of the keyboard and monitor, i think we all have to step back from time to time and ask ourselves?
The possibilities are literally endless. Do you want to attract clients or customers? Do you want to become part of a social network that leads to in-person meetings with your fellow bloggers? Do you want to express political viewpoints for the purpose of getting "high-fived" by like-minded folks or engage in a vigorous debate with people who have a very different outlook? Do you want to impart information on a very specific subject that will be of interest to other people who share that interest? Highest ranking in a blog directory or some other form of cyber-status, is it your goal to amass the largest number of daily clicks?
Work to improve them, as necessary or desirable, can we evaluate the quality of the relationships and interactions we have in this community and, only after honestly assessing our individual purpose(s) for joining the blogosphere.
This isn't junior high school and what is there to be gained from attaining the status of "most popular" kid on the blogging block? Isn't the notion of blogosphere "in crowds" or "cliques" pretty darn silly, however, when all is said and done?
Live people in our real-life neighborhoods to maintain and enjoy, and social interactions with real, families to raise, obligations - business to conduct, we have other responsibilities. This blogging adventure is only a small part of our lives, for the vast majority of us, after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment